Monday, September 9, 2013

How Many are the Un-miracles!!!!

How many are the un-miracles in our lives if we are really attentive to them. What is an "un-miracle" you ask. Those are the wonderful things that happen to the individuals who have kept their child vision. When I was little my wonderful Uncle Karl said he would take my brother and I to a cousin's farm in New jersey but that we would have to go to an early Mass because he wanted an early start. My brother got up but when the time came I just did not want to get out of my snug quilt. My Aunt Mathilde and Uncle Karl were having breakfast at our house as I dashed out to the later Mass. They said that it was too bad that they couldn't wait. My brother would go but I wouldn't be able. I prayed all during Mass and on the run back home that God would figure out some way for me to get on that trip. As I rounded the corner to our street, Uncle Karl was changing a flat tire. OOOOH I thought, Jesus, please don't tell him it was my fault. Since they were still there, and I had gone to Sunday Mass, I was allowed to join them. That waa my first experience of an "un-miracle". All the rational, adult people will call that a coincidence, the result of a nail left in the street. I knew better. It was God's way of answering a little girl's prayer. The un-miracles in my life have brought me great joy. Circumstances arranged that I made my perpetual vows in the very church in Vienna built by our Foundress. Because I was working at our Generalate, I got to go to Uganda and saw the very shrine of Charles Lwanga, my patron saint. Since then there have been so many un-miracles... when I needed money there was a gift card that should have been all used up, but contained exactly what I needed. Computer problems are the occasion for many un-miracles.... a printer doesn't work and the repair cost would be more than my budget would allow, but in the middle of the night comes an idea that works in the morning... after all, somewhere in Scripture is says "He comes to His beloved in sleep." The sceptics could point out all kinds of ordinary causes for these things, but isn't our wonderful God the ultimate cause of all things, so I feel perfectly justified in thanking Him with exuberant joy! May you have many un-miracles and recognize them, in your life